When you suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident, you expect to cash in on that insurance policy you have maintained for so long. Most people expect that the claims process will proceed relatively smoothly. Unfortunately, many motorcycle accident victims in Kennewick, Washington, have discovered that this process is far from simple.
Insurance companies are notorious for dragging out accident claims or denying them in hopes that you may drop the matter. Like other businesses, they want to hold on to their profits and fight to do so rigorously. As such, your fight to acquire the compensation you deserve should be equally rigorous.
How can you strengthen your claim?
Taking a few easy steps can set your injury claim up for success. In our experience, following the five tips below can help you achieve your goal of a successful claim:
- Always call the police. Documentation is often the key to successful claims, and the official police report is a critical piece of documentation.
- Never admit fault. Even something as innocent as expressing your regret over the accident may be taken as an admission of guilt.
- Always see a doctor. You may want to nurse your injuries without treatment, but seeing a medical professional creates a documented record of the crash’s impact on your wellbeing.
- Never overshare. Avoid discussing details about how the accident occurred with medical providers, focusing instead on your injuries and treatment.
- Always keep records. Save everything related to your injuries, your claim and the accident itself to support your account of the events.
A legal professional can help you fight back and gain the accident compensation you are due. We recommend learning more about motorcycle accidents and the insurance claims process. Continue reviewing our website content to expand your knowledge of these critical issues.