Personal Injury Questions And Answers

Have you been injured due to the carelessness or negligence of another person or organization? If so, it is important to seek proper medical attention first, then explore your legal options. At Reinig, Barber & Henry we help accident injury victims seek compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc. We have decades of experience and a long track record of success.

1.What is Personal Injury?

When people have suffered damages, whether physical, emotional, or economical, they have the right to file a personal injury claim if their damages can be attributed to third party negligence.

2. Does your firm handle catastrophic injury cases?

Yes, our firm handles catastrophic injury cases, such as traumatic brain injuries and burn injuries. We often consult with medical experts in preparing these claims.

3. How much do you charge?

Attorneys work on a contingency fee basis of the gross recovery for personal injury cases. If there is no recovery nothing is owed.

4. What is PIP (Personal Injury Protection)?

PIP stands for personal injury protection, and it is an extension of car insurance that covers medical expenses and, in many cases, lost wages. It is often called "no-fault" coverage, because you may recover regardless of who was at fault.

5. What is 3rd party insurance coverage?

A third party insurance claim is made by someone who is not the policyholder or the insurance company (the insurance company can be referred to as the second party). The most common type of third party insurance claim would be a liability claim for an auto accident.

6. What is 1st party insurance coverage?

A first party insurance claim is between the insurance company and the policyholder. These claims are contractual by nature and are contingent on the specific language of the insurance policy. For example, uninsured and underinsured motorist claims are 1st party claims.

7. Do I need a personal injury lawyer?

Some smaller claims you may be able to settle on your own. The larger claims almost always require an attorney to obtain fair compensation from an insurance company. Call us today at 509-735-0535, or fill out an online contact form at the bottom of the page.